Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When changing my ignition control module, how do I get the rotor out of the way. 1996 chevy cheyenne. thanks?

The rotor is in the way. I was told if I bump the key over, it could possibly rotate the rotor enough, so that the lip moves to the other side and the I can remove the ICM. DOes this sound right. and when I do this does the distributor cap need to be on or off?When changing my ignition control module, how do I get the rotor out of the way. 1996 chevy cheyenne. thanks?
STOP.....STOP.....



That is NOT the ICM in the distributor, (this is not 1975)

The sensor in the distributor is the CMP (camshaft position sensor)

DO NOT TOUCH THIS......



The ICM is located on the right side of the intake right in front of the ignition coil...When changing my ignition control module, how do I get the rotor out of the way. 1996 chevy cheyenne. thanks?
Take the distributor cap off, then pull off the rotor and you can get to the ignition control module. Good time to install a new rotor, cap, and wires. Make sure you put a good coating of dielectric grease under the ignition control module before you install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment