Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What is the deal with Yahoo! spell check?

Is there any way to disable the spell checker while you're writing answers? I need it once in a while, but usually it's just ignorant and distracting. %26quot;Camaro%26quot;, (spell check just popped on, lol) for example. I know how to spell %26quot;Camaro%26quot;. There's no %26quot;e%26quot; in %26quot;Camaro%26quot;. I use %26quot;Camaro%26quot; in many of my answers. And every time I do, the spell check tells me to change it to %26quot;Camry%26quot;. I don't THINK so.

And yet, the last answer I gave had the word %26quot;munged%26quot; in it. As in %26quot;My distributor cap was all munged up.%26quot;

Is that even a word? But not a peep out of spell check. Now don't you think %26quot;Camaro%26quot; or %26quot;Monza%26quot; (another one I use sometimes) are used in conversation more than %26quot;munged%26quot;?

I don't know why this bothers me. It just does. It even made me change %26quot;spellcheck%26quot; to %26quot;spell check%26quot;.

Oops! it looks like I have 8 misspelling(s) in this question. lol Oops, now that's nine.What is the deal with Yahoo! spell check?
I just ignore Yahoo! Spell check and only pay attention to the one in Firefox, which I can train myself (right-click a flagged word, click %26quot;Add to Dictionary%26quot;).What is the deal with Yahoo! spell check?
It ain't a perfect world, and spell checkers are not 100% reliable.



If you want to avoid typing your answers in YA type them in WORD, then simply copy and paste your answers to YA.What is the deal with Yahoo! spell check?
Its just this stupid thing to help the computer think it is smart when realy those of us who know what were are doing are the ones who get most annoyedWhat is the deal with Yahoo! spell check?
Ya I wish.Try typing in a proper name or a web site.Ducati and airtech-streamlining.com drives the machine into overdrive

No comments:

Post a Comment