Saturday, November 20, 2010

How is moisture getting inside my distributor cap?

Since I've had my car, it has always misfired in the rain, or even after a morning dew. I replaced the plugs, wires, and distributor cap thinking that the cap might have been cracked. I did NOT change the rotor, but should have. When I spray the engine with water late at night to look for sparks, there are sparks coming off of the distributor bolt. Water is still getting in there somehow. The car runs fine when it's nice and dry out, so the rotor really can't be that bad, it's just when water gets in there. The cap is nice and tight, and practically brand new. What can I do about this?How is moisture getting inside my distributor cap?
You need to check the rubber boots that's around the wire's going into the distibutor, if you are get spark at the distributor bolts you might wont to check the distributor housing to see if it as a crack in it. also check to see if you might have a wire rubbing and shorten out causing it to spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment