Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to fix a fluctuating idle on a '94 Sentra? PLEASE HELP!!!!?

I have a 94 Sentra with a rough/fluctuating/inconsistent idle. It stated out that the car would shake and jerk and all kinds of funky stuff while it was under lite load, and progressed to the point where it would stall out when stopped at a light.



I have given it a full tune up including new plugs and wires, new distributor cap and rotor button, new fuel filter, cleaned out the air filter, oil change with Marvel's Mystery oil (in both tank and oil). I have replaced the clutch (pressure plate and throw out bearing). And I have thoroughly cleaned out the AAC valve, EGR valve, and PCV valve.



Each time I fix something it gets better and seems to be fixed for good, but the next time i start up, it's back the way it was. I am out of ideas and need help! I know this is a common problem with Sentras, but every suggestion I find leads me back to square 1. PLEASE HELP!!!How to fix a fluctuating idle on a %26039;94 Sentra? PLEASE HELP!!!!?
You must replace the primary johnson rod couplings with a matrix alternator feed line.How to fix a fluctuating idle on a %26039;94 Sentra? PLEASE HELP!!!!?
It could be poor compression in one of the cylinders. I'd take it to a Nissan dealership and get it diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment